For those who are not familiar with dreadlocks extensions, they are extensions that can be added to your hair to make them look like dreadlocks.
The first step is to choose the extension that you want. You can find these extensions in different colors and lengths. You will want to choose a color that matches your natural hair color or an extension that is close in color so it blends in well with your hair.
Table of Contents
Next, you will need to find a professional who can install the extension for you. You can go to a salon OR even watch our video on YouTube channel which specializes in dreadlocks.
Lastly, you need to take care of the installation process by following all of the steps and tips provided on this video tutorial!
What you need?
- One pack of lush Serene locs.
You could use two or more depending on the density you want.
- Crotchet hook (the big size)
- Gel, Edge control for styling the edges
The 7 steps to follow
- Section your hair into the number of pieces of the dreadlocks available (you are going to use).
- Braid the sectioned pieces.
- After braiding, the next step is to use your crotchet hook to pass the dreadlocks through each piece of hair.
One piece of loc for one braided hair.
When passing it, make sure it is positioned with one end of the long loc and the other on the shortend.
- The short end should be such that it can completely cover your hair when it is wrapped around it.
- So the next step is to wrap the short end of the dreadlocks tightly around the long part of the dreadlocks and your hair.
- Cut out a small part of the dreadlocks and unravel it into smaller pieces.
- With the small pieces, you can secure the dreadlocks at the point where you finish wrapping.
Note thread can also suit this purpose.
Watch our dreadlocks video tutorial !
This video (5 minutes) will show you how to choose and install dreadlocks extensions in only 7 steps !
There are many different ways that you can install dreadlocks extensions, but the most popular is the crochet method. This is because it is easy and doesn’t require any special tools or skills.
The crochet method involves taking a section of hair from the back of your head and twisting it around the dreadlock extension until it reaches the end of the extension. You then take another section of hair from behind that one and twist it around as well, repeating this process until you reach the end of your locs.
Main things to know when making this kind of hair :
- Make sure your are securing it very well. Very tight and strong
- Do not make the mistake of sectioning the hair more than the number of locs available.
Get your calculations right.
- You do not have to follow a specific pattern in sectioning, be creative…
Recently, hair extensions have been a popular trend that’s being followed by celebrities. There are many different types of extensions and methods to install them and there is a lot of misinformation about them online. Check our celebrities section !
One thing that is always important to mention is that you should only use certain types of extensions if your hair is already healthy enough to maintain the weight.