Palm rolling your dreadlocks is placing the dread at the bottom of your palm and rubbing it back and forth. This is one of the best methods to smooth out bumps and loose hairs in your dread. While some people prefer palm rolling wet dread others palm roll dry dreads.
It’s the perfect technique for beginners, however, don’t over roll your hair, For example, if you tighten up your locs every two months don’t do this method. Instead, try the twist technique to tighten the roots, and every other two months return to palm rolling to train your locks. When you palm roll, you are thinning your locks, and rotating the technique gives your dreadlocks time to expand.
How To Palm Roll?
Before every tighten session, you must first wash your hair to prevent dirt from locking back into your dreads.
- Taking your dread between your thumb and let it lay across your palm.
- Put your other palm on top and roll.
- Start with your fingertip at the base of your hand. Then roll the loc up to the fingertips of your other hand.
- Continuing making this motion until you reach the fingertips of your other hand, that’s when you grab it with your thumb. So you would let go and to keep the tension in you have created by palm rolling.
- After you finish a loc, separate them with clips.
You can use this method with a lot more fiction, and after time to get rid of lumps.
Read More: Two Strand Twist And Dread Bun What to Expect.