The miracle plant aloe vera is rich in vitamins and minerals, which can be beneficial for your hair and skin. They have been linked to hair growth, relieving itchy and dry scalp as well as promote healthier, beautiful hair.
So how often can you use aloe vera on your dreadlocks? At least once for the week. However, it is best to use aloe vera before washing your dreadlocks to ensure all the slime material is out of your hair.
I dislike the texture and smell of natural aloe vera, but I enjoy the advantages of using this product. That’s why I personally use aloe twice for the month.
Here are some reasons why to switch to aloe vera.
The Benefits Of Aloe Vera For Your Dreadlocks
- Aloe Vera assists with hair growth. It also reduces breakage and brittle hair.
- The high water content in aloe vera replenishes dry and brittle locs, leaving them soft and manageable.
- Aloe vera has anti-pruritic properties and proteolytic enzymes that remove flakes and clear away buildup.
- It can also reduce frizz and flyaways, which is a common problem with new dreadlocks because it keeps your hair cuticle together and holds on to your natural oils.
4 Ways You Can Use Aloe Vera For Your Dreads
One of my favorite ways to use aloe vera is a pre-shampoo agent. This gel can reduce the appearance of dandruff leaving your scalp pH balanced and your hair moisturized. To apply to dreadlocks remove the gel and massage it into your hair leaving it to sit for ten mins before washing.
Dreadlocks shampoos are known to keep your hair dry especially shampoos that help decrease dandruff. Therefore adding aloe vera to your shampoo will add extra vitamins and minerals that will rejuvenate your dreadlocks. Add 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel to your shampoo for excellent results.
Since conditioners are not recommended for starter dreadlocks, aloe vera can be a perfect alternative. Remove the gel from the stem and apply it to your dreadlocks after shampooing. Let it sit for fifteen mins and rinse.
How To Use Aleo Vera On Dreadlocks?
- Cut the stem into half, then use a spoon to scoop the gel.
- In a small bowl, mix the gel and add a few drops of essential oils and blend.
- Apply to your dreadlocks and rinse after 10-15 mins.
- Enjoy your healthy hair.
Aloe vera is one of the best products for your dreadlocks that our ancestors have been using for hundreds of years. They have many benefits and loaded with vitamins and minerals to promote healthy hair. You can use them two times for the month before washing your dreadlocks.