Rose Walker is one of the main characters in the series “The Sandman” which premiered on Netflix on 5 August 2022 and she is played by Kyo Ra (full name is Vanesu Danai Palesa Shoniwa-Samunyai). It’s a series of comic books written by Neil Gaiman. The protagonist “main character” of the series is Dream, also known as Morpheus (played by Tom Sturridge).
And in this article, we will show you how to get Kyo Ra dreadlocks like Rose Walker in the series Sandman on Netflix.
Table of Contents
- Who is Kyo Ra ?
- How to get Kyo Ra Dreadlocks like in Sandman of Netflix
- How to dye your dreadlocks extensions like Kyo Ra Dreadlocks
- Other hair styles of Kyo Ra?
- Need to know more about dreadlocks extensions and Dyeing ?
- Personal Conclusion about Kyo Ra dreadlocks!!
Who is Kyo Ra ?
Kyo Ra, was born on April 23 2001. Her parents migrated from Zimbabwe to the United Kingdom in the 1990s. she was born in Warwick, UK and raised all round the UK some places being Scotland, Torquay, Coventry to mention a few, and she’s a rugby player amazing, also an Art and anime lover, (she also loves to sings Korean music). Kyo Ra now lives as in Seoul, Korea since finishing school.
While in Korea, she is working on her artistic skills and exploring art of drama. You have been given one hundred words to describe a place that inspires you. There is still a lot of information about Kyo Ra that is not available, but our sources are trying to find it.
Kyo Ra is now a brilliant star of the hit Netflix series Sandman. In the role of Rose Walker, a young woman on a desperate search for her missing brother, who finds a family. When she did meet the man who changed her life, she never knew he was a Dreamwalker, much less someone who could destroy the dream world.
She has a youtube channel for fans to follow: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCucURc8CjBo388Oh758BB1Q
Instagram : @vanesusamunyai
Twitter : Kyo_wRites
The 2022 San Diego Comic Con wasn’t ready for Vanesu Samunyai, but she made it happen by being a huge hit at Hall H. She’s immensely grateful for the fans’ support. “These people don’t know me, so I was just thankful that everyone was nice and welcoming.”
How to get Kyo Ra Dreadlocks like in Sandman of Netflix
Did you see Kyo Ra’s amazing dreadlocks extensions, she is seen wearing, some very beautifully dyed dreadlocks extensions this style was very neat and fitted her amazingly.
What are dreadlocks extension?
Dreadlocks extensions can be used either to help real dreadlocks look longer or to start dreadlocks.
Dreadlocks extensions can also be used to add color so the damage won’t be done to the natural hair and it also adds extra fullness to hair.
There are 3 forms of dreadlocks extensions, either made from real hair, synthetic hair even wool can be used. If you don’t like the way that your hair looks, you can always change it with extensions. Dreadlocks Extensions look good on most types of hair, and are easily removed if needed.
There are many styles and brands of extensions and it’s easy to do it yourself !
Installation steps of dreadlocks extensions ?
They are also easy to install. When installing dreadlocks extensions, first you will need to shampoo and condition (if you prefer conditioning).
Then, you will attach it to the end of your dreadlocks by braiding it then use the interlocking tool to attach it more securely.
If you don’t know those tools, you check our dreadlock dictionary with Words Everyone Should Know.
Maintenance tips for dreadlocks extensions ?
The first thing you need to know about extensions is that it’s easy to care for them properly. You will want to wash your extensions every single day to keep them healthy. In general, it’s recommended that you wash them in a mild shampoo at least once a week.
You may also want to deep condition your hair. After you wash your hair, apply leave-in conditioner to the rest of your hair. This will help prevent damage to your hair.
Extensions don’t require much maintenance. However, if your hair becomes dry or damaged, it’s important to use a moisturizing conditioner and deep condition your hair. If your extensions have been damaged or dirty, remove them immediately.
Wash them in cool water and gently rinse them in a shampoo designed for synthetic hair.
Here are a few tips for maintaining your dreadlocks :
- When shampooing your dreadlocks, use a mild shampoo, such as Kinky Curly Conditioner Shampoo. This will provide the nutrients and moisture you need for your dreadlocks.
- If your hair is really thick and frizzy, you’ll need to trim it occasionally. This will help prevent split ends. You can use a trimmer to shave off the hair that’s too long.
- Trim your hair to the scalp, but don’t trim it completely. If you trim your hair down to the scalp, your hair will get weak. You can either cut your hair completely or just trim it down to one or two inches above the scalp.
How to dye your dreadlocks extensions like Kyo Ra Dreadlocks
8 easy steps to color your dreadlocks!
The process is almost identical to dyeing natural hair but requires a little extra attention and practice. There are many factors that should be considered before dyeing hair.
- If you’re considering dyeing your hair you should definitely ask always consult a dye specialist.
- Then ask yourself what color you like best.
- How many coloring kit you will need? One or more kits will be needed to color all of your hair depending how much dreads you want to color. and how colorful you want to ensure consistent color. And of course, how many colors you want.
- If you’re like me, your locs can get pretty frizzy, so make sure to separate them into sections before.
- It’s time to apply a barrier cream around your hairline and ears. If not, it could cause damage to your skin and hair. Once your barrier cream is applied, wear your gloves and mix your color.
- You want to let your dreadlocks soak in the color, using the scrunching method to get your locs nice and saturated.
- To get the rainbow dreadlocks style like Kyo Ra dreadlocks, you have to change the color each time you reach 1 inch of color.
- After your dye has been applied, apply a cap to your hair. Most hair care boxes will suggest waiting for 30-40 minutes before removing the cap. For dreadlocks, I suggest 1 hour. It’s difficult to say how long it will take because your hair is matted.
- You should rinse your hair until the water runs clear (normally, two washes). If you want to wash out your hair color, you really need great shampoo and conditioner. Deeply moisturizing your dreadlocks is key.
- After washing and conditioning your hair. You can go ahead and twist up! Be creative with your crown.
Tips for dyeing your dreads
- You won’t use a comb to evenly distribute the color on your hair. You can use a tint brush for a more consistent result.
- The color should take some time to get to the roots and avoid looking as if it’s been rushed.
- When you have apply the cap on your hair, it’s important to use your Cleansing Wipe to remove all of the excess dye from your skin.
- You can apply coconut oil or Jamaican castor oil on any problem skin issue.
- Moisturizing your hair should be your first step in keeping it healthy. Do it daily to reduce any amount of breakage.
Other hair styles of Kyo Ra?
Kyo Ra has always been known to experiment on her hair with different styles mostly braids. And she’s using Cantu Hair Treatment Kit with Coconut Curling Cream.
In her Twitter account you can see Kyo Ra’s sporting some 3 strand silver braids using the synthetic kanekalon hair.
In this picture you can see she is sporting the same style she just cut the ends to make it more fashionable.
Also in this video you can see that Kyo Ra went to a hairstylist to have her do her hair she used the same kanekalon hair and did the new trending knotless braids.
Here we have another style, she added her creativity to this one, by adding jewels and a different color of Kanekalon hair.
Need to know more about dreadlocks extensions and Dyeing ?
There are so many different lengths, styles and colors of dreadlocks.
If you would like to learn more on how to achieve this style of dreadlocks please take a read on our website? You can learn to even clean and style these dreadlocks.
Personal Conclusion about Kyo Ra dreadlocks!!
My point of view for Kyo Ra dreadlocks is that it is very colorful, pretty and fits her entirely.
It is easy for her to manage, with this type of dreadlocks style it is great for when you would like to wear bright colors in your dreadlocks, but not damage your natural dreadlocks with harmful bleaching.
It is the best choice!!!!!!!!