Peppermint oil is a popular essential oil to use in dreadlocks, and it’s one of my recommended oil to use for dreads after a workout.
This essential oil has antibacterial, insecticidal, antispasmodic, and anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, it’s one of the best oil that leaves your hair feeling clean after sweating. Besides this, it has many other benefits and uses. In this post, I’ll focus on why we use peppermint oil in our dreads.
Remember to use this essential oil alongside a carrier oil since it is very potent and may cause irritation.
The Benefits Of Peppermint Oil For Dreads
- PEO oil helps treat dread balding and receding hairlines, making it an excellent addition to your hair regrowth process.
- It cleanses the scalp, removing sweat, dead skin and hair products buildup which creates an unhealthy environment for dreadlocks to grow.
- Sometimes people with new dreads can take up to six weeks before washing. So regular spray with a mixture of oils including peppermint oil will decrease the growth of bacteria and fungus in your dreadlocks.
- Applying PEO to your scalp can promote blood supply and naturally reduce scalp inflammation.
- Another oil that helps control dandruff and dry scalp, which can flare up during the locking stage of dreadlocks.
Brands I Love:
Sweet Almond and peppermint oil is an amazing combination to aid in hair regrowth and cleanse the scalp while the sweet almond seal in moisture.
To use, apply 5 drops of peppermint oil as well as six drops of avocado oil.
Regular use of peppermint oil on dreads, not only promotes hair growth but creates a clean and healthy environment for your hair follicles and dreads to strive.
My name is Penny Thomas, I love blogging, and the founder of HTW dreads. I had dreadlocks for the past tens years. However, I cut my hair off to grow them with natural oils and no wax. Apart from my hair, I love reading and swimming.